The GOP facilitated the “Very Anticipated 2017 Fake News Awards.” Drum roll please.
Here is the thing that the Republican National Committee declared, verbatim, completely:
“2017 was per year of tenacious inclination, uncalled for news scope, and even out and out phony news. Studies have demonstrated that more than 90% of the media’s scope of President Trump is negative.
- The New York Times’ Paul Krugman guaranteed upon the arrival of President Trump’s noteworthy, avalanche triumph that the economy could never recuperate.
- ABC News’ Brian Ross CHOKES and sends showcases in a descending winding with false report.
- CNN FALSELY detailed that applicant Donald Trump and his child Donald J. Trump, Jr. approached hacked archives from WikiLeaks.
(by means of Fox News)
- TIME FALSELY revealed that President Trump evacuated a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from the Oval Office.
- Washington Post FALSELY revealed the President’s huge sold-out rally in Pensacola, Florida was unfilled. Unscrupulous columnist demonstrated picture of discharge field HOURS before pack began pouring in.
5. Washington Post FALSELY reported the President’s massive sold-out rally in Pensacola, Florida was empty. Dishonest reporter showed picture of empty arena HOURS before crowd started pouring in.
.@DaveWeigel @WashingtonPost put out a phony photo of an empty arena hours before I arrived @ the venue, w/ thousands of people outside, on their way in. Real photos now shown as I spoke. Packed house, many people unable to get in. Demand apology & retraction from FAKE NEWS WaPo! pic.twitter.com/XAblFGh1ob
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 9, 2017
- CNN FALSELY altered a video to influence it to show up President Trump resistant overloaded fish amid a visit with the Japanese executive. Japanese head administrator really drove the path with the bolstering.
- CNN FALSELY revealed about Anthony Scaramucci’s gathering with a Russian, however withdrawn it due to a “huge breakdown in process.”
- Newsweek FALSELY announced that Polish First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda did not shake President Trump’s hand.
- CNN FALSELY detailed that previous FBI Director James Comey would question President Trump’s claim that he was told he isn’t under scrutiny.
- The New York Times FALSELY guaranteed on the first page that the Trump organization had shrouded an atmosphere report.
- What’s more, last, however not minimum: “RUSSIA COLLUSION!” Russian plot is maybe the best scam executed on the American individuals. THERE IS NO COLLUSION!
Well, now that collusion with Russia is proving to be a total hoax and the only collusion is with Hillary Clinton and the FBI/Russia, the Fake News Media (Mainstream) and this phony new book are hitting out at every new front imaginable. They should try winning an election. Sad!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 5, 2018
While the media invested 90% of the energy concentrated on negative scope or phony news, the President has been getting comes about:
- The economy has made about 2 million occupations and increased over $8 trillion in riches since the President’s introduction.
- African Americans and Hispanics are getting a charge out of the most reduced joblessness rate in written history.
- The President marked notable tax breaks and alleviation for persevering Americans not seen since President Reagan.
- President Trump’s intend to cut directions has surpassed “2 out for each 1 in” command, issuing 22 deregulatory activities for each one new administrative activity.
- The President has released an American vitality blast by closure Obama-period directions, favoring the Keystone pipeline, selling a huge number of new sections of land for vitality investigation, and opening up ANWR.
- ISIS is in withdraw, having been squashed in Iraq and Syria.
- President Trump completed on his guarantee to perceive Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel and trained the State Department to start to migrate the Embassy.
- With President Trump’s consolation, more part countries are paying what’s coming to them for the basic barrier in the NATO union.
- Marked the Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act to enable senior authorities in the VA to terminate coming up short representatives and sets up shields to secure informants.
- President Trump stayed faithful to his obligation and designated Associate Justice Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Incomparable Court.”
The news media’s response?
We are real news Mr. President. #realnews
— Jim Acosta (@Acosta) February 18, 2017
The presidents’s #FakeNewsAwards is just the latest in a long list of attacks against our First Amendment’s freedom of the press.
No really, we have a list. https://t.co/4UY91noUTJ
— ACLU (@ACLU) January 18, 2018
The Fake News awards are the Trump administration in a nutshell: A serious attack on America’s founding principles–in this case, the freedom of the press–carried out in such a ludicrously ham-fisted manner that it’s deceptively difficult to take it seriously.
— Yascha Mounk (@Yascha_Mounk) January 18, 2018
Tonight, https://t.co/YTZAIJpNhb saw more traffic than ever before. Even though the servers were scaled up, the interest was even greater than anticipated. Traffic is off the charts. Come back soon.
— GOP (@GOP) January 18, 2018